BlackSheepBuilt boards begin with light weight, 1.5lb virgin EPS and utilize the most advanced “Triax-NCF” (Non-Crimp Fabric) high-quality carbon fiber, to create a fast, response and lively surfboard. A board that is both lightweight and flexible, but also surprisingly strong. The unique performance of BlackSheepBuilt boards comes from the Triax Carbon, which combines a triple-axis +30/-30°/0 layup. It is an “un-crimped”, multi-directional carbon, which enhances and controls torsional force from rail to rail. Multi-axial carbon fiber is a great alternative to traditional woven carbon fibers because it is made up of alternately aligned layers of unidirectional carbon reinforcement.
The SUB DRIVER 2.0 BLACK SHEEP is the latest iteration in the continuing evolution of ...lost's most user-friendly, pro-formance shortboard. Developed in the soft peeling points of San Clemente, it loves small to average surf and really does well in connecting the dots in mushy points, or weak, broken-up beach breaks. A surfboard developed for competitors in sub-par surf, that actually transitions perfectly to everyday surfers.
The SUB DRIVER 2.0 BLACK SHEEP was derived to benefit the Pros, yet it really is perfect for most “Bros”.
Reflecting the small wave demands from Kolohe Andino, Griffin Colapinto and ...lost's up-and-coming team of Jr Pros and WQS Warriors, constant evolution and noticeable updates have brought us to the point where they now are proud to launch the SUB DRIVER 2.0 BLACK SHEEP
Featured updates and adjustments include…
- An even wider, more forgiving, nose: Designed to increase forward drive for us mortals and lend more stability for hot shots landing radical airs. The wider nose creates a straighter forward outline which paddles into waves easier and subsequently builds forward momentum faster in sub-par surf.
- Smoothed out and re-imagined the wide hip in the tail: Primarily to balance the wider forward outline, it allows more control at speed and a more effortless initiation of bottom turns and cutbacks. The hip is still noticeable and then angles into the wide squash tail. The wide tail creates a stable platform, especially in small waves. The hip breaks the rail line and creates a pivot point to crank tight, powerful turns in lesser surf. Making it easier for us to ride a performance shape even in poor surf.
- Added thickness along the centre (stringer line) with increased “vee” deck and more refined rails: Lowered rail volume (without lowering overall volume) to encourage radical rail turns and make a more nimble, reactive board that still floats through flats, and surfs forgiving. The thicker centerline under the chest aids paddling and makes for more drive off the front foot gas pedal.
- A deeper concave in the rear third of the board: The rail rocker transitions from a modest forward concave to a deeper, more curvy, rail line through the front fins. It then accelerates upward to a slight vee behind the rear fin and out the tail. There is a good amount of double concave through the tail, adding lift and helping the water squirt through and release.
- WARNING: Carbon Fiber surfboards can easily get hot! They’re dark…and like all things dark, they soak up the sun and heat. Take care of your board and do not leave it in the sun.